Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Few Rough Sketches

I have been trying to draw something every day.
I know the only way to improve my skills is to practice.
Today I did a few rough sketches of characters from the books I have been reading.
The Hunger Games.

I tried to capture them as I imagined them
as I was reading.
I must admit though that I was swayed a bit on President Snow because I know who will play him in the movie.

First is the main character, Katniss Everdeen.
I plan on refining this one and turning it into a painting.
 Next a character from more towards the end of the series.
If you have not read them yet I won't say who it is.

 Last is President Snow.
I saw that Donald Sutherland was playing him in the movie.
I've never been that great at faces, hopefully the practice will start to pay off.

No comments: